Electric Car Charging at Home
Electric Car Charging Points Installed at Home from only £445*
Our Standard Home Charger Installation
To qualify for a standard home EV charger installation, the following criteria must be met. Extra charges may apply if the installation differs from the terms below.
A standard EV installation includes:
• Installation of circuit cable up to a distance of 10 metres (clipped direct). This is the cable from your consumer unit to the charge point location.
• Installation of the charge point to a permanent structure. E.g. masonry wall, post.
• A spare way on the consumer unit and space adjacent to install a separate RCD unit for the charge point.
• No groundworks. We can carry out groundworks but this must be agreed and quoted prior to installation date.
• Earthing arrangements and bonding must comply with current regulations (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition)
• The incoming supply must be adequate enough to allow the additional load of an Electric Vehicle Charging Point.
The OLEV Grant – You could get a contribution for up to 75% towards an EV Chargepoint installation at home
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) provides grant funding of up to 75% towards the cost of installing electric vehicle chargepoints at domestic properties across the UK.
To help private plug-in vehicle owners offset some of the upfront cost of the purchase and installation of a dedicated domestic chargepoint, the Government is running the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme. Customers who are the registered keeper, lessee or have primary use of an eligible electric vehicle may receive up to 75% (capped at £350, inc.VAT) off the total capital costs of the chargepoint and associated installation costs.
To qualify you will need to be the registered keeper, leaseholder or be nominated as the
primary user of an eligible electric vehicle. You will also need designated private off-street parking.
For further information and the full terms and conditions of the OLEV homecharge scheme, please click here