A big question when it comes to the purchase and an install of an electric car charging point, are you eligible for the £350 Government OLEV Grant?
Firstly, what is the OLEV Grant? The Government OLEV Grant will contribute up to £350 towards the purchase and installation of your electric car charger. In order to qualify, there are certain requirements you must meet. Here is a handy list of things you must check before you apply for the grant:
- You must have purchased an OLEV eligible electric car or plug in hybrid vehicle from the 1st October 2016 onwards
- The charger must be OLEV approved. To find out more if your charger is OLEV approved, contact us.
- You must have private, off street parking and the charging cable cannot obstruct pedestrian pavement
- You need to use an OLEV approved installer, so always do your research on your installer
- The date of installation should be no more than four months prior to the date you become the registered driver of the vehicle.
How do I claim the OLEV Grant?
It is important you check that you meet all the above requirements if you intend to claim the OLEV Grant. Once you have had your installation quote and paid, your installer will normally start your grant application on your behalf, for more information click here: https://power-ev.co.uk/electric-car-charging-home
What documentation will be needed for the OLEV Grant Claim?
- Name of the driver claiming the OLEV Grant – This should be the Registered Keeper
- Address and contact details
- MPAN or Electricity supply number
- Make and Model of vehicle
- Vehicle Registration Number (VRN) or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Registered Keeper Document such as V5C, delivery/order confirmation, or another form of proof of purchase
- If the vehicle is a company car or similar, you will also need a nominated users letter