What is the Workplace EV charging Grant?
Are you thinking about promoting a green workforce? Do any of your employees have electric vehicles and you would like to offer charge points as a staff incentive? You will be pleased to know that workplace ev charging schemes are available to help you reduce costs or installing and purchasing charge points.
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a voucher based scheme offered by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) that provides support towards the upfront costs of the purchase and installation of electric car charging points.
This scheme enables businesses, local authorities and charities to reduce their costs or purchasing and installing EV charge points by up to 75%. The claim can be made for up to 20 charge points and capped at £500 per socket.
So, who is eligible?
If you are a business, charity or local authority and have dedicated off street parking for your staff or fleet that only they have access to, then you bare eligible to claim the grant.
Please note, the scheme is only available in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
How do I prove my Eligibility?
In order to prove your eligibility for the Workplace Charging Scheme you will need to have evidence of the below:
- Photographic evidence of your off-street parking that is for staff and fleet use solely
- VAT registration number or Companies House Reference
- For charities, you will need to provide a certificate of registration to the Charity Commission
In order for the charge points to be eligible for the grant, they must be ‘smart.’ For more information on the types of charge points that are approved the scheme, click here. Second – hand charge points and three pin charges are not eligible.
As the voucher enables you to claim for up to 20 charge points, this is per applicant and not per site, so if you have 2 sites, you can apply for a maximum of 10 charge point sockets per site.
What is the Process?
- Complete the online application form
- You will receive your voucher code via email if you are successful, which you will need to present to your OLEV approved installer. Your installer will then use the voucher to claim back the grant once the installation is complete.
Be aware, the voucher code is only valid for 4 months from date of issue.
As Power EV is an OLEV approved installer, all you need to do is fill in this form, and one of our team of experts will be on hand to help you through the process of claiming the grant.